Chameleon Technology is an award winning smart energy company developing hardware, software and IoT solutions for the UK smart meter rollout and the future connected home.
Our engineering team is growing fast and ever evolving and we have solid plans to expand further. We are therefore seeking a Validation Technician to work as part of our highly regarded and talented team, based in Harrogate, North Yorkshire.
The Validation Technician will assist the engineers and project managers with a variety of tasks including:
- Running electronics validation tests
- Performing product level validation tests to help assure software and overall product integrity
- Performing firmware updates to products where required
- Preparing sample units for customers
The ideal candidate will have:
- A HND in Electronics
- The ability to read an electronic schematic (circuit diagram).
- Experience in usage of electronic test equipment, e.g. PSUs, DVMs, Oscilloscopes.
- The ability to use software tools to update firmware on electronic devices.
- A methodical approach
- Good communications skills
- A self-motivated, well organised, and adaptable approach
- Experience of Microsoft Office tools, Word, Excel etc.
- A clean driving licence.
The following skills are desirable but not essential:
- Soldering and assembly skills
- Basic understanding of software coding
- Basic understanding of wireless technologies
If you are looking for a dynamic and challenging place to work and your skills and experience match those required, please send your CV and a covering letter to Chameleon Careers.
Strictly no agencies, please. We work with carefully selected recruitment agencies and we do not accept unsolicited CVs from any other recruiters or agencies. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.
Please note, any information you provide to us when you contact us will be used to respond to the enquiry you have submitted and will be passed directly to the appropriate team. We may use information you provide to us (including information from your CV) for recruitment purposes, as well as administrative and management purposes in connection with our recruitment activities.
By submitting your personal information to us, you are consenting to it being evaluated, processed and retained in the manner described above and to being contacted in relation to your enquiry, using the details you provided.
We will deal with any information you provide us in accordance with our Candidate Privacy Notice.