Working as part of our expanding engineering team in our office in Harrogate, North Yorkshire, the Embedded Development Engineer will play a key role in the development and manufacture of our smart energy products.
The role will contribute to the design and development of our smart energy products with particular responsibility for DfM aspects of the product. We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer with a knowledge of hardware development. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in high volume manufacturing of electronics products. Occasional travel to our Far East manufacturing facility will be required to introduce new automation tools.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, experience and attributes:-
- An honours degree in an industry related subject
- Experience of Electronic Circuit Design for Microcontrollers/Pics
- Experience of software development in one of C, C#, or Python
- Knowledge of wireless technologies e.g. Wi-Fi, Zigbee, Bluetooth
- Experience in high-end electronics testing and debugging in development and production environment
- A structured approach to design and verification
- Highly organised and methodical with excellent attention to detail
- Very good communications skills – ideally including experience of interfacing with manufacturing sites
- Be able to respond efficiently to manufacturing site issues and work towards ensuring systems operate in a highly effective manner
- Experience of Microsoft Word and Excel
- A team player who relishes a challenge and works effectively to deadlines
If you would like to apply for this role, please send your CV and a covering letter to Chameleon Careers.
Strictly no agencies, please. We work with carefully selected recruitment agencies and we do not accept unsolicited CVs from any other recruiters or agencies. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.
Please note, any information you provide to us when you contact us will be used to respond to the enquiry you have submitted and will be passed directly to the appropriate team. We may use information you provide to us (including information from your CV) for recruitment purposes, as well as administrative and management purposes in connection with our recruitment activities.
By submitting your personal information to us, you are consenting to it being evaluated, processed and retained in the manner described above and to being contacted in relation to your enquiry, using the details you provided.
We will deal with any information you provide us in accordance with our Candidate Privacy Notice .