Chameleon Technology is a fast-growing energy technology company developing award-winning products for smart metering and the connected home. Chameleon has a significant number of major customers in the energy sector, and an exciting roadmap of projects ahead.
We are seeking an experienced Hardware Engineer to join our hardware team in Harrogate, North Yorkshire. Working alongside our highly experienced and well-regarded software engineers and product designers, the successful candidate will play a key role in the design and development of our smart energy products.
The ideal candidate will have successfully designed a number of products and supported these products into mass production. You will have an honours degree in electronics or a related discipline and demonstrate a passion for design excellence and outstanding technical competence. The role requires a highly organised and methodical engineer with excellent attention to detail.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent embedded digital electronics hardware design skills, with good knowledge of design of supporting analogue circuits.
- Wireless product design experience, and a knowledge of RF circuit design and test.
- A strong understanding of design for manufacture and design for cost.
- Strong skills in the use of schematic capture and PCB design tools.
- A rigorous approach to verifying products and documenting tests performed at the various stages in product development.
- A sound understanding of production test.
- A clear understanding of product reliability and lifetime.
- The ability to interface technically with volume manufacturers and component suppliers.
- Good communication skills and the ability to interface with customers’ engineering teams and QA departments.
- Knowledge of the approval processes required for wireless consumer electronics products.
The following experience is desirable but not essential:
- Software design and test experience, in particular embedded C coding skills, including bug-tracking systems such as JIRA.
- Experience with secondary cells (e.g. lithium-polymer cells).
- Experience working with overseas manufacturers.
- A sound understanding of design for regulatory requirements (e.g. EMC/safety)
- Experience in all aspects of the production lifecycle from specification through to volume deployment and subsequent support.
- An understanding of display technologies such as TFT/LCD.
You will be confident communicating within a team, keen to find solutions to challenges and enjoy working in a demanding and dynamic environment. This role will allow you to develop and extend your skills and challenge your ability to design and create innovative solutions.
Chameleon offers a highly competitive salary. The role is based in our new offices in Harrogate, North Yorkshire.
If you feel this opportunity is what you’re looking for and you have the skills, and experience required, please send your CV and a covering letter to Chameleon Careers.
Strictly no agencies, please. We work with carefully selected recruitment agencies and we do not accept unsolicited CVs from any other recruiters or agencies. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.
Please note, any information you provide to us when you contact us will be used to respond to the enquiry you have submitted and will be passed directly to the appropriate team. We may use information you provide to us (including information from your CV) for recruitment purposes, as well as administrative and management purposes in connection with our recruitment activities.
By submitting your personal information to us, you are consenting to it being evaluated, processed and retained in the manner described above and to being contacted in relation to your enquiry, using the details you provided.
We will deal with any information you provide us in accordance with our Candidate Privacy Notice.