The Chameleon cloud team embrace modern agile and devops practices and tools. There are already extensive automated testing and deployment frameworks in place and we are always looking for ways to make ourselves more efficient, so we can spend more time on interesting coding challenges. We are a single ‘product’ team comprising a number of different specialisms including development, test and architecture. We spend the majority of our time developing new features but we also support what we deliver. We have a strong practical ethos of continuous improvement, constantly implementing changes and improvements from lessons learnt. There is an ingrained culture of collaboration and knowledge sharing in the team and help is always close to hand.
What you will be working on
- Internet of Things (IoT) and ‘big data’ projects working directly with leading brands
- Designing and developing ground-breaking services and features that will transform the way consumers interact with energy and to help them meet their decarbonisation goals
- Optimising services for performance and cost
We are looking for a developer who:
- is genuinely interested in the product we’re creating – someone who cares about the end-product beyond just writing the code that makes it work
- embraces the opportunity to influence the features we are building and how we build them
- is comfortable being part of a small, autonomous team
- can communicate sensitively and clearly
- has a high level of experience with most (but not necessarily all) of the various technologies mentioned in the ‘technology’ section above. Experience with NodeJS and developing AWS cloud-based solutions including AWS Lambda or other Functions as a Service and AWS Kinesis is most important
- can bring new creative ideas to improve the quality of our product and codebase.
- has an honours degree in computer science or other STEM discipline with at least 2 years of relevant industry experience
If you feel this opportunity is what you are looking for and you have the skills, qualities and attitude we are after, please send your CV and a covering letter to Chameleon Careers.
Strictly no agencies, please. We work with carefully selected recruitment agencies and we do not accept unsolicited CVs from any other recruiters or agencies. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.
Please note, any information you provide to us when you contact us will be used to respond to the enquiry you have submitted and will be passed directly to the appropriate team. We may use information you provide to us (including information from your CV) for recruitment purposes, as well as administrative and management purposes in connection with our recruitment activities.
By submitting your personal information to us, you are consenting to it being evaluated, processed and retained in the manner described above and to being contacted in relation to your enquiry, using the details you provided.
We will deal with any information you provide us in accordance with our Candidate Privacy Notice.